GREENVILLE, S.C., Feb. 23, 2020 — In 2018, Michelin created its Services and Solutions global division to address business challenges in a changing world. Providing innovative solutions for sustainable connected mobility, Services and Solutions is focused on:
- Fleet Management – Solutions optimize fleet operations for trucks, vans and light-duty vehicles.
- Connected Mobility – Michelin’s Internet of Things (IoT) technology connects objects and develops new data-based business models.
- Tire Services – Offers address planned and unplanned tire maintenance service needs.
- Digital Services Platform – A digital business management platform seamlessly links service providers and fleet customers for maintenance and breakdown services.
Out of the digital services platform comes MICHELIN® Mechanical Care ─ a consistent and simplified solution to outsource scheduled light mechanical maintenance for trailers. Michelin Mechanical Care is powered by Decisiv’s Service Relationship Management (SRM) technology. Leveraging the Michelin® Commercial Service Network, the offer coordinates trailer light mechanical service needs through a network of technicians who provide:
- Consistent Quality – standardized procedures and recommended practices.
- Standardized Pricing -– network-wide labor pricing based on accepted industry standard repair times.
- Asset Visibility and Consolidated Invoicing – real-time tracking and streamlined billing for both fleets and service providers.
Michelin Mechanical Care includes DOT annual inspections and preventative maintenance and repairs for brakes, wheel ends and tires, lights, electrical, mud flaps, and body repair. Currently available in select areas, this service will be expanded to additional markets throughout 2020.
"Services have been part of Michelin’s DNA for more than 125 years," said Ralph Dimenna, global director of Michelin Services and Solutions. “The development of new and enriched services and solutions will open new avenues of growth for our customers and contribute to improved safety, greater sustainability, optimized fleet operations, and a better travel and driving experience. Fleets want to focus on what makes their businesses profitable. Solving the pain points and providing solutions for fleets contributes to their success. Mechanical Care is a tool to help them achieve that goal.”
About Michelin North America
Michelin, the leading mobility company, is dedicated to enhancing its clients’ mobility, sustainably; designing and distributing the most suitable tires, services and solutions for its clients’ needs; providing digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences; and developing high-technology materials that serve a variety of industries. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) has more than 21,400 employees and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.
Category: Heavy Truck, Services and Solutions
Michelin Commercial Service Network, MCSN, preventative maintenance, Ralph Dimenna, MICHELIN Mechanical Care, light mechanical maintenance, Decisiv’s Service Relationship Management technology , digital services platform, consistent quality, asset visibility, standardized pricing, consolidated invoicing, DOT annual inspections