GREENVILLE, S.C., March 8, 2021 — Michelin North America, Inc., is launching its next generation on-/off-road, drive tire optimized for exceptional traction, toughness and wear performance. The tire is designed for the construction, energy, concrete, and logging sectors operating in mixed use conditions.
“Vehicles working in off-road conditions encounter rock, gravel, mud, debris and other demanding conditions but still have to meet critical deadlines. Safety is key and downtime is costly,” said Justin Brock, marketing manager of Construction, Michelin – Beyond Road Business Line. “We started the design process of this tire with the customer. We not only gathered insights, but also put the tires to the test on fleets using it in some of the most demanding environments. Therefore, we are confident the X Works D tire is designed to meet these challenges and we stand behind it with our six-month Road Hazard Guarantee”.
The MICHELIN X Works D tire, designed to maximize safety, uptime and efficiency, focuses on three benefits: Traction, Wear and Toughness:
- Full-tread-depth lateral groove tread patterns provide optimum balance between stability for increased wear and improved rubber-to-void ratio for maximum traction.
- Teardrop sipes in the tire open as they wear, providing additional traction.
- The tire has proven superior off-road traction when compared to leading competitors3
- Wear Performance
- 15% longer tire life compared to X Works XDY2
- Four steel belts at the crown of the tire protect from shock, impact and road hazards for enhanced durability and puncture resistance.
- Stone ejectors and tear drop sipes incorporated around the center block fight stone retention and drilling. In fact, t
- Durable retreadable casing for optimal Total Cost of Ownership.
The new MICHELIN X Works D tire is available in the United States and Canada in 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 sizes in load range LRH. X Works D is backed by Michelin’s Worry Free 6-month Road Hazard Guarantee5. To learn more about truck tires and services, visit the Michelin Business website.
(1) Based on internal and external rolling resistance tests using ISO 28580 test method in dual drive tire in size 11R22.5 using the MICHELIN® X® WORKS D tire, Bridgestone® L320 tire, and Goodyear® G282 MSD tire. Actual results may vary.
(2) Based on internal testing and survey fleet results comparing projected removal mileage of the MICHELIN® X® WORKS D and the MICHELIN® X® WORKS XDY®. Actual results will vary.
(3) Based on third-party testing using the Bridgestone® L320 tire, and Continental® HDC3 tire in size 11R22.5 when new and tires buffed to 10/32nds tread depth on an instrumented single-wheel traction vehicle in muddy soft soil. Actual results may vary.
(4) Based on third-party testing comparing the MICHELIN® X® WORKS D tire and the MICHELIN® X® WORKS XDY® tire, when new and tested on a closed gravel course and paved surface. Actual results may vary.
(5) Contact your local Michelin representative for details. Michelin reserves the right to modify or discontinue this program at any time for any reason without prior notice.