Visionaries Join Michelin at Movin’On,
the Global Summit for Action in Sustainable Mobility
Registration now open for three-day symposium in Montreal, June 13‒15, 2017
CLERMONT-FERRAND, France, and MONTREAL, April 3, 2017 ― Michelin, a world leader in sustainable mobility and innovation, today announced the first wave of speakers for Movin’On, the world’s largest collaborative event focused on solving society’s key mobility challenges.
Movin’On will bring together experts and visionaries from a broad cross section of stakeholders in transportation, including automotive, rail, air, truck, bus, bicycle, shipping, academia, government, NGOs and non-profit organizations for break-through innovation workshops and collaborative sessions that aim to drive actions to address mobility challenges for growing urban areas.
Speakers for Movin’On 2017 include:
- The Honorable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport (Canada).
- Shigemoto Kajihara, Vice Minister for Global Environmental Affairs, Ministry of the Environment (Japan).
- Bertrand Piccard, Initiator and Pilot, Solar Impulse.
- Jean-Dominique Senard, CEO, Michelin Group.
- Jean Todt, President, Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and Special Envoy for Road Safety, United Nations.
- Jun Yu, General Manager, GAC Group.
Movin’On presenters will also feature:
- Patrick Bass, CEO, ThyssenKrupp North America
- Barry Einsig, Global Automotive and Transportation Executive, Cisco Systems
- Ursula Mathar, Head of Sustainability and Environmental Protection, BMW Group
- Grégoire Olivier, Director of Mobility Services, PSA Group
- Franck Rinderknecht, CEO, Rinspeed
- Alexendre Taillefer, Associate Principal, XPND Capital
- José Viegas, Secretary General, International Transport Forum (ITF) at OECD
- Details for additional speakers available here
Movin’On attendees can experience the latest vehicles and technologies ― some never seen before ― from leading innovators in mobility:
- Tesla will demonstrate its latest fully autonomous vehicles.
- BMW will unveil two new models in its Mini Cooper line.
- Solar Impulse 2: see the mock-up of the solar aircraft that completed a 25,000-mile trip around the world.
- Roborace: see the first driverless fully electric race car that will compete in this new motorsports series.
- Proterra: see the zero-emission electric bus that will revolutionize urban transit fleets.
- Lito Green Motion: experience the luxury design and power of the new Sora electric bike.
Movin’On will assemble a diverse and open ecosystem of partners in sustainable mobility, including:
Movin’On, presented by Michelin in association with C2, continues the 20-year tradition established by Michelin Challenge Bibendum as the world’s premiere and longest-running forum for sustainable mobility. Announced in December 2016, Movin’On 2017 in Montreal invites more than 3,000 participants from 35 countries to engage in a range of dynamic forums, including an exhilarating 360-degree technological platform for plenary sessions and other experiential presentations. Movin’On will also host collaborative workshops, master classes and labs that feature cutting-edge innovation and disruptive technology. Instead of a traditional exhibit hall, Movin’On will feature an Innovation Center and “Village Start-Up,” a forum where dozens of start-up companies will present concepts for the future of mobility.
Partnerships for Movin’On are available for select Michelin collaborators and key innovators in the transportation industry. See movinon.michelin.com for more information. Movin’On is also open to the general public to attend. For pricing information and to register see movinon.michelin.com/en/buy-now/.
Presented by Michelin in association with C2, Movin’On is the international summit for action in sustainable mobility. Movin’On 2017 will be held at the Arsenal in Montreal, Quebec, June 13-15. The symposium experience will feature inspiring keynote presentations, hands-on collaborative sessions, networking opportunities and technology exhibitions. Participants from business, government and academics will collaborate and explore new actions to resolve global challenges that will define the future of mobility. For tickets or more information, please see movinon.michelin.com.
About Michelin Group
Michelin, the leading tire company, is dedicated to enhancing its clients’ mobility, sustainably; designing and distributing the most suitable tires, services and solutions for its clients’ needs; providing digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences; and developing high-technology materials that serve the mobility industry. Headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand, France, Michelin is present in 170 countries, has 111,700 employees and operates 68 production facilities in 17 countries which together produced 184 million tires in 2015. (www.michelin.com)
C2 is a global convener on a mission to transform executives and organizations that are ripe for change ― whether they know it or not. In a collaborative context specifically designed to provoke collisions and spark new ideas, C2 gets leaders to challenge their biases, shift their perspectives and explore completely new ways of doing business. C2’s reinvention of the international conference experience started with the annual C2 Montréal event, which has been described as “challenging conventions” by The Economist and “a business conference unlike any other” by the Harvard Business Review. After Zurich, Milan, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Rome and San Francisco, C2 is now expanding its reach across all continents. See c2.biz for more information.
For media inquiries, please contact:
In the United States:
Michelin North America, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.864.458.5908
Michelin North America, Inc.
email@example.com or +1.704.222.5488
Mary Ann Kotlarich
Michelin North America, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.864.458.4884
Michelin North America Canada, Inc.
email@example.com or +1.450.978.7635
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.514.826.2050
email@example.com or +52.442.376.1104
About Michelin North America
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The Company has earned a long-standing reputation for building innovative premium tires. In addition to tires, the Company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants. Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin No. 1 on its annual survey of “Best Large Employers in America” for 2018. Learn more about purpose-driven careers with a purpose-driven company at jobs.michelinman.com.