Exhilarating high performance in all seasons
GREENVILLE, S.C. (July 1, 2013) – Today, the all-new MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport A/S 3 tire hits the market in time for the summer driving season. The latest tire in the Michelin ultra-high performance portfolio uses a unique tread design and additional innovative Michelin technologies to provide very high levels of both dry and wet grip for enhanced confidence and control in a variety of weather conditions.
“We set a new standard for performance with the introduction of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer tire,” said Steve Calder, ultra-high performance category manager for Michelin North America. “And now we have taken the knowledge gained during the development of that tire and paired it with our latest technologies to design a tire capable of providing an incredibly exhilarating drive while maintaining the performance characteristics needed for all seasons.”
The technology engineered into the MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S 3 tire allows for:
- More dry grip than competitive max performance summer tires1. To see how, click here.
- Shortest wet and dry braking of leading competitors in the ultra-high performance all-season category.2 To see how, click here.
- Cold weather mobility for true all-season performance. To see how, click here.
“The MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S 3 tire has taken a technology leap forward and is continuing the legacy of the Michelin Pilot family of tires,” added Calder.
The MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S 3 tire is now available in a wide range of replacement tire fitments, from a Fiat 500 to a Mercedes SL or from 175/65R15 to 285/35R20. The MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S 3 tire is designed, engineered and manufactured in North America and comes with a 45,000 mile warranty.
For detailed information, visit the Team Michelin Tire Selector on www.michelinman.com to find a complete listing of MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S 3 features and benefits.
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) employs more than 22,000 and operates 18 major manufacturing plants in 16 locations.
1) Based on internal dry autocross testing versus the Continental ExtremeContact DW and Pirelli Pzero Nero tire size 225/45ZR17.
2) Based on internal braking tests from 50 mph versus the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S, Bridgestone RE970AS Pole Position, Pirelli Pzero Nero A/S, Continental ExtremeContact DWS, Dunlop SP Sport Signature, and Yokohama ADVAN S.4. tire size 225/45ZR17.
About Michelin North America
Michelin, the leading mobility company, is dedicated to enhancing its clients’ mobility, sustainably; designing and distributing the most suitable tires, services and solutions for its clients’ needs; providing digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences; and developing high-technology materials that serve a variety of industries. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) has more than 21,400 employees and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.