About The Tire: Michelin has added a Pilot® Sport GT customer racing tire size to fit the popular United Kingdom-built Radical SR3 and SR8 sports racers. The tire helps Michelin round out its line of popular customer racing slicks. The tire is being launched just in time for the Radical gathering at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club March 26-28. “The Pilot Sport GT combines a high level of peak grip and good wear with excellent predictability and progressivity, making it well suited to broad range of driver and vehicle performance capabilities within the radical racing series,” said Ken Payne, motorsports technical director, Michelin North America.
Sizes: Front Tire: 18/56-15 S9L Michelin Pilot Sport GT (MSPN 90346)
Rear Tire: 23/61-16 S9L Michelin Pilot Sport GT (MSPN 30740)
- Recommended Vehicle Static Camber: Front camber: -3.0 to -3.5˚; Rear camber: -2 to -2.5˚
- Recommended hot pressure:5 psi (1.9 bar) front and rear
- Physical Dimensions: Very similar to the previous tire for overall width and diameter.
- Front Tire Overall Diameter 584 mm
- Rear Tire Overall Diameter 616 mm
- Radial Spring Rate: Front: very slightly stiffer than the previous tire (~3%); Rear: slightly softer than previous tire (~7%).
- Operating temperatures: Optimum range is 170-210˚ F verified by a needle type pyrometer. The tire has a very broad window and will provide consistent grip on either side of this range. It is not a tire that will “switch on” at a particular tire temperature.
About Michelin North America
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The Company has earned a long-standing reputation for building innovative premium tires. In addition to tires, the Company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants. Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin No. 1 on its annual survey of “Best Large Employers in America” for 2018. Learn more about purpose-driven careers with a purpose-driven company at jobs.michelinman.com.