MICHELIN® X CRANE +TM 525/80R25 and MICHELIN® X-SUPER TERRAIN +TM 23.5R25 sizes to launch in 2014
GREENVILLE, S.C. (March 4, 2014) – Michelin Earthmover today announced it will soon offer new sizes of the MICHELIN® X CRANE + and MICHELIN® X-SUPER TERRAIN + to further meet demand in the construction industry. The new MICHELIN X CRANE + 525/80R25 size, which is a popular crane tire size in North America, will be available this April. The new MICHELIN X-SUPER TERRAIN +, which is used on articulated dump trucks, will come in its new size and the tire itself has been re-engineered with features that provide improved service capabilities. The MICHELIN X-SUPER TERRAIN + 23.5R25 size is scheduled to launch in fall 2014.
"Articulated dump trucks and cranes perform in the most demanding of site conditions, and their tires need to deliver the maximum productivity and longevity," said Hugo Morales, business segment manager, Michelin North American Earthmover. "Michelin offers premium market solutions, including excellent or outstanding tire wear - all of which improves productivity on worksites."
The MICHELIN X CRANE + delivers additional load carrying capacity and a new load index. This helps optimize uptime at lower operating costs.
Here are some key advantages to this tire:
- Unlike many original equipment tires that near their load ranges before the addition of tools and counterweights, the MICHELIN X CRANE + has a load carrying capacity of 15,656 pounds at 50 miles per hour and a new load index of up to 176F that helps prevent potential DOT issues.
- It uses C2 technology (casing design reducing heat build-up in the tire) which includes the latest-generation casing that reduces heat buildup when the tire is in use. It also has less shoulder mass thereby promoting longer tread life compared with the MICHELIN X CRANE. Additionally, it has new casing cables for longer life than the MICHELIN X CRANE.
- The new bead configuration and optimized geometry of the tire/rim contact surface translates to easier mounting.
- Through a new tread compound and more durable casing, the tire gets an extended wear life by up to 15 percent compared with the MICHELIN X CRANE.
The MICHELIN® X-SUPER TERRAIN + optimizes uptime for articulated dump trucks through:
- C2 technology, which has robust casings with less shoulder mass that leads to longer tread life than the MICHELIN X-SUPER TERRAIN without C2 technology.
- Enhanced design that promotes additional sidewall protection.
- Extended tire life by up to 15 percent as compared with the MICHELIN X-SUPER TERRAIN through a new tread compound and more durable casing.
Michelin Earthmover, which will exhibit in booth #N10378, will also display the MICHELIN X Traction radial tire engineered for rigid dump trucks to deliver excellent traction on soft surfaces, and the MICHELIN XHA2 radial tire designed for L3 loaders for enhanced productivity, safety and comfort.
Additionally, MICHELIN® OperTrak, a comprehensive, easy to use web-based tire and rim management system and the Michelin Earthmover Performance Repairs program, the accredited certified repair program, will also be exhibited.
About Michelin North America
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The Company has earned a long-standing reputation for building innovative premium tires. In addition to tires, the Company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants. Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin No. 1 on its annual survey of “Best Large Employers in America” for 2018. Learn more about purpose-driven careers with a purpose-driven company at jobs.michelinman.com.